Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I love projects that end well.

   As my title simply states.. I absolutely love when I start project (sewing ones in particular) and they end just as I would have liked or better. When I sew things, half of the time they don't end up working. So when something turns out great, I am super excited! Which explains how I feel right now!
   I was on pinterest today and I saw this pin. I really love this kind of style and so I was inspired to make something similar. Though, I drifted pretty far from my original idea, I am still really happy with the outcome! Basically I was planning on making the same thing but sleeveless and with a rounded peter pan collar instead of the pointed collar. But I ended up measuring badly and forgetting I was working with a not-at-all stretchy fabric and I had to make a few changes. You can see how it was a bit awkward and unflattering.. (This was before I added the bows on the front..)

   So after a little tweaking, this is what it turned into!  (and I decided to ditch the front bows.) Oh and don't judge me. I finished this pretty late and took these pictures around 4am here...

Shirt - diy
Shoes - Target & diy
Purse - diy
Watch - thrifted

   And I am pretty happy about the shoes as well! I have had these for years and I liked them but they really weren't my style.. But now I really love them :) And ps. I absolutely adore acrylic paint.



   Tutorial coming soon for the shirt! :) Tell me what you think of everything!

4 comments:

  1. Hello abigail!
    I'm a Spanish blogger. I discover your blog today and I like it so I'll follow you.
    If you want you can visit my site too.
    Bloggingysoffing.blogspot.com.es
    The shoes makeover is amazing!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!
      Your blog looks really cute! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I think I need to research acrylic paint now. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything turned out so cute! I want to start sewing stuff sometime but I'm afraid of my sewing machine, because it likes to eat fabric and then stop working.

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear from you! Leave a comment :)