Monday, August 6, 2012

diy chain hair accessory

   Today while I was on pinterest, trying to get inspired, I saw a really cute gold chain hair accessory / headband looking thing and I thought it was really cute. It has a sweet and pretty look to it and it's a bit more creative than the normal headbands I always wear. It looked diy-able so I thought I would give it a try! Here's the tutorial!

Unfortunately I couldn't find where the original is sold. I would have liked to know how much money I saved with making it instead of buying it but oh well.

You'll need...
- metal sheets
- wire
- a chain
- 2 bobby pins
- old scissors
- 2 jewelry loops (what are those really called??)
- something sharp to make the holes
- a pair of pliers
- paint (if your metal, wire and chain don't all match.)

I made 24 circles.
I marked where the holes need to go so it's easier to see.
I started from the left side and finished on the right.
And then you're finished! :) Unless of course you want to paint it. I just used gold acrylic paint and then an acrylic sealer.


   Hope that was clear enough! Feel free to ask any questions! Oh and ps. sorry once again for the awful pictures. One of these days I am going to buy myself a camera instead of using my terrible phone.

1 comment:

I'd absolutely love to hear from you! Leave a comment :)