Wednesday, August 15, 2012

diy ring holder from wine corks

So my mom came back from Texas this last weekend and, since everything is cheaper there (and I have amazing friends that sent me some stuff), I have alot more jewelry making stuff. Like chains and earring and ring bases and things like that. Which I am so excited about! One thing I've been wanting to do is make more rings, so I'm hopefully going to be doing some tutorials on that soon. But first, here is a diy for a ring holder so that you actually have a place for them! I have seen some tutorials using those foam hair rollers which sounds like a great idea. But I didn't have any and I hate buying things, but I thought of using wine corks and it worked just fine! Before I was gonna use used up glue stick cases. Because I had alot left from my book page wallpaper project that I saved, but I figured corks are more something that people save and do projects with. But be creative! I'm sure there are alot more things you could use to do this project.

   As I was doing this post, I thought of maybe not even covering the wine corks? If you are going for that look, I think it could be pretty. And of course, if your shoe box top isn't the right color, you can always paint it or cover it in fabric. Anyways, hope you guys try it out! And if you do, tell me how it goes!

   Hope everyone is having a great week :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this! My husband and I have been saving corks for years and this will be the perfect project to use some of them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd absolutely love to hear from you! Leave a comment :)